updating a very old Macports install

Bruce J. Carter cerfdog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:02:14 PST 2015

Absolutely! The only thing that changes is the package name.

See below:
expected integer but got "-exclusive" obtaining lock on
/opt/local/var/macports/registry/.registry.lock
    while executing
"registry::exclusive_lock"
    (procedure "mportexec" line 32)
    invoked from within
"mportexec $workername $install_target"
Unable to execute target 'install' for port 'gdbm': expected integer but
got "-exclusive" obtaining lock on
/opt/local/var/macports/registry/.registry.lock
    while executing
"install_ports $operationList"
    (file "./restore_ports.tcl" line 294)

Cheers,