How long to expect a new port submission to be processed?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Feb 16 01:01:22 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:41 AM, René J.V. wrote:
> On Sunday February 15 2015 23:55:15 Tom Limoncelli wrote:
>
>>Hi folks!  I submitted a new port 12 days ago and it hasn't gotten any
>>attention.  Did I do something wrong?

The problem is that there is a small number of people actively
following new submissions. So if you don't see any response, the best
thing to do is to drop an email on the mailing list (which is exactly
what you did now).

>>https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46743
>
> There is no guaranteed processing delay or something of the sort that I know of.  I do think it depends on how useful/interesting your port is judged to be, so even if it may not be wrong, it doesn't seems productive to omit any form of description and/or argumentation from your submission.

There is long_description in the Portfile and there is an extensive
description on homepage (https://github.com/StackExchange/blackbox).
But true, the description of the field could at least repeat what's in
long_description. (However I don't believe that this would make the
process much faster if there is no person with commit rights and
sufficient time and interest to review the submission checking the
ticket submissions.)

Mojca