Macports failed to update

YH Tan astyh83 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:52:03 PST 2015

Hi, Brandon,

After you resolved the hostname, 'port selfupdate' was successful. But
tesseract and ghostscript still failed to install. I posted the issues on
two separate bug tickets but was advised to switch to macports-users for
help.

sudo port install ghostscript
> --->  Computing dependencies for ghostscript
> --->  Dependencies to be installed: xorg-libXext xorg-libX11
> xorg-xextproto xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice
> --->  Configuring xorg-libX11
> Error: Failed to configure xorg-libX11, consult
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_xorg-libX11/xorg-libX11/work/libX11-1.6.2/config.log
> Error: org.macports.configure for port xorg-libX11 returned: configure
> failure: command execution failed
> Error: Failed to install xorg-libX11
> Please see the log file for port xorg-libX11 for details:
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_xorg-libX11/xorg-libX11/main.log
> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: xorg-libXext
> xorg-libX11 xorg-xextproto xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: Processing of port ghostscript failed

> sudo port install tesseract
> --->  Computing dependencies for tesseract
> --->  Dependencies to be installed: leptonica giflib xorg-libX11
> xorg-libsm xorg-libice openjpeg jbigkit lcms2 webp
> --->  Configuring xorg-libX11
> Error: Failed to configure xorg-libX11, consult
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_xorg-libX11/xorg-libX11/work/libX11-1.6.2/config.log
> Error: org.macports.configure for port xorg-libX11 returned: configure
> failure: command execution failed
> Error: Failed to install xorg-libX11
> Please see the log file for port xorg-libX11 for details:
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_x11_xorg-libX11/xorg-libX11/main.log
> Error: The following dependencies were not installed: leptonica giflib
> xorg-libX11 xorg-libsm xorg-libice openjpeg jbigkit lcms2 webp
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: Processing of port tesseract failed

How should I resolve these issues? Thanks!

Regards,
Sati