kmymoney crashes on startup after update

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 04:43:18 PST 2015

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 3:07 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Monday February 23 2015 19:08:31 Stan Sanderson wrote:
>> __ZN6CppGui13getCInterfaceEv
>
> That's CppGui::getCInterface() which should be provided by something called port:gwenhywfar4 and is referenced in a plugin (kmm_kbanking)  that belongs to KMyMoney.
>
> Do you know if gwenhywfar4 was upgraded *after* kmymoney? That's about the only logical explanation I can see how kmm_kbanking.so could have been built without errors but now doesn't load. Easy enough to check by activating the previous version.

You have the answer. Activating the previous version of gwenhywfar4 allowed kmymoney4 to load and function.

> You can try `kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental` to rebuild the full cache but I doubt that will address your issue. If it persists, file a report on trac. Even if KMM only needs a rebuild that somehow wasn't caught by rev-upgrade, the port maintainer should bump KMM's revision to force the rebuild.

You are correct- it did not address the issue. I tried this prior to activating the previous version as described above.

> In the meantime, you can use `port activate` to revert to the previous KMM version, and ditto with gwenhywfar4 if required. Or you can try to build it yourself from source.

I will do a rebuild of KMM.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. It is deeply appreciated!

Stan