kmymoney crashes on startup after update

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Tue Feb 24 08:05:21 PST 2015

On 24.02.2015 04:52 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday February 24 2015 15:56:56 Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> Have you tried running ,,port rev-upgrade''? Issues like these should be
>> caught by rev-upgrade.
> Does it check each and every file known to belong to ports depending on an upgraded port? In this case we're talking about a plugin module, so not something linked "statically", and with a platform-aspecific extension at that.

Plugins should be caught as well. If they are not, this is a bug and
should be reported as that.

>> (Also make sure that the policy is set to rebuild
>> instead of report in ${prefix}/etc/macports.conf.)
> I'm sure Stan would have seen the warning posted by the reporting-only policy ;)

Don't blindly assume stuff. There are easily multiple reasons why users
may not see this.

The default policy is rebuild anyway, and if the user didn't change it,
kmymoney's breakage should have been caught and rebuilt (if detected of
course.) This doesn't work out, though, if upgrading generally didn't
complete and failed. In this case, rev-upgrade is not even run.

Then, there's always the possibility of users not "seeing" messages due
to "output spam" and seemingly unrelated content.

Mihai