kmymoney crashes on startup after update

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Wed Feb 25 17:31:38 PST 2015

On 25.02.2015 09:28 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Clemens and Mihai,
>
> On 24 Feb 2015, at 21:28 , Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>> Rev-upgrade checks dylib version numbers, not actual symbol names. If the
>> symbol was removed, but the compatibility version was not increased, as it
>> should have been, that would explain the problem.
>
> do we still have a chance to somehow figure out whether this was indeed the
> case?
>
> Do I need to resurrect the old configuration in a VM and then retry the update
> on it? If so, which versions should I check and how is that achieved?

In general, sure. Install old versions of aqbanking5, then the recent of
kmymoney4 and upgrade aqbanking5 to the latest one, leaving kmymoney4 as-is.

The previous aqbanking5 version has been 5.0.25, the newest is 5.5.1 (as
you committed.)

Try running rev-upgrade afterwards. If it's not detected as broken, the
dylib version number was unchanged and upstream messes up.

Mihai