error installing qgis

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 21:42:55 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am not sure what to make of your email. The log file is 2562
> lines long, so I included the last 20 or so lines where the actual
> error message appears (or so it seems to me).

That's not the actual error message; it is where the build system noticed
that an error occurred, somewhere after the actual error occurred. The
actual error is not present, only a notification that some error did occur.

(Pretty much everyone who is not familiar with how build systems work
assumes that this notice from the build system is the actual error and/or
is somehow sufficient for anyone else to be able to diagnose the problem.
Also, most people don't understand that on a multicore machine, the actual
build error is often *well* before the build system notices it --- it will
continue to build unrelated things, and only report after those unrelated
things have finished. This is why we insist that people provide *full*
build logs.)