error installing qgis

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:36:08 PST 2015

ok thanks, made some progress.

1. deleted the standalone /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app
2. `sudo port clean qgis`
3. `sudo port install qgis`

--->  Staging qgis into destroot
--->  Installing qgis @2.6.0_0+postgis2+postgresql93+python27
--->  Activating qgis @2.6.0_0+postgis2+postgresql93+python27
--->  Cleaning qgis
--->  Updating database of binaries
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.

But now I am embarrassed to ask, how the heck do I start qgis? There
is no qgis in /opt/local/bin

btw, trac.macports.org seems to be dead.

--
Puneet Kishor
Manager, Science and Data Policy