A question about Localhost with Safari

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Sat Jan 3 13:41:38 PST 2015

Did Apple change something in Yosemite/Safari so that "localhost" is no longer an accessible DNS address for Safari?

I have no trouble ssh-ing to localhost on my system, but Safari always responds  "Can't connect to the Server."

Note that at one time I was using Apple's Apache via OSX Server, but have since replaced that with MacPorts.
And, I have no idea if  "localhost" worked after I upgraded to Yosemite and OSX Server ceased operation.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com