A question about Localhost with Safari

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sat Jan 3 16:49:58 PST 2015

You might try

http://127.0.0.1/
and
http://[::1]/

(IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for localhost - use https and a port number if required)  If neither of those works either, it’s probably not the hostname lookup (which is not necessarily just DNS, depending on how you’re configured).

Safari should be able to look up localhost from other than DNS (/etc/hosts or local OpenDirectory storage, I think) anyway...