A question about Localhost with Safari

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 08:49:07 PST 2015

DNS is a protocol, not an API.  To the extent that hosts is used, it's
because developer of the software that implements the protocol chooses
to use it.

It's a PITA if it's not used - I quite commonly set up small networks
in my own office, with static IPs hardwired into my hosts files.
Michael David Crawford, Consulting Software Engineer
mdcrawford at gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/

   Available for Software Development in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan
Area.