Determining the date a given port was installed

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Jan 8 09:54:02 PST 2015

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Clemens Lang wrote:

>  $> stat -t '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M' -f '%Sc' "$(port -q location zlib)"
>
> which allows you to change the output formatting and doesn't print
> anything but the requested time?

I think the key here is "port -q location ...", something I never knew
existed until now.

``This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere.  Explain again how sheeps
  bladders may be employed in the prevention of earthquakes.''

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)