Processing of port freecad fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 9 10:52:53 PST 2015

On Jan 8, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Eneko Gotzon wrote:

> --->  Fetching distfiles for freecad
> Error: org.macports.fetch for port freecad returned: must set at least one fortran variant
>
> freecad has these variants:
>    debug: Enable debug binaries
>    gcc48: Build using the MacPorts gcc 4.8 compiler
>    universal: Build for multiple architectures
>
> Please,
> 	• What must I choose?
> 	• What exact command must I run?

The error message says you must set a fortran variant.

The only one of those variants that has to do with fortran is gcc48, so you should run:

sudo port clean freecad
sudo port install freecad +gcc48

It is unclear to me why freecad does not declare +gcc48 a default variant, or why indeed if fortran is required it is offered as a "variant" at all. Variants are used for options the user may choose to enable or disable, but in this case it sounds like the user does not actually have any choice at all, and so should not be offered one.