/opt/local/macports/software

Akim Demaille akim at lrde.epita.fr
Sun Jan 18 23:59:45 PST 2015

Hi,

My SSD is short, and this directory currently holds 4.7GB
of compressed tarballs on my machine.  When I run short of
space, I remove it.  But why do I have to do that in the
first place?  There's autoclean in my config file, couldn't
there be something equivalent to state "I don't want to
keep these files"?  I really mean something that would be
obeyed by post install and port upgrade.  Something we
don't have to think about.

This is a pretty common wish.  Just ask any search engine
about "/opt/local/macports/software".

Thanks.