/opt/local/macports/software

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 03:23:16 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 19 Jan, 2015, at 10:26, Akim Demaille akim at lrde.epita.fr wrote:

> Well, I'm a grownup and willing to take these chances.  I don't
> play with activate/deactivate.  I know of no other distros that
> "wastes" that kind of disk space for that.  That some wish to
> use this feature, fine.  But I need those gigs back.

Removing these files will very likely break your upgrade to the next
MacPorts version. The upgrade process will run a script that uses a
condition you fulfilled by removing these files to trigger more work,
which will fail because you're not actually in the situation the
script expects you to be.

You'll get to keep the pieces.

TL;DR: These files are needed. Do not remove them. Do not tamper with
MacPorts' internals.

--
Clemens Lang