/opt/local/macports/software

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 07:29:26 PST 2015

Clemens:

> I disagree. I often use deactivation and activation, and I'd have to re-download
> the archive every time I did that, it would be a major hassle for me.

I agree. Of course, your mileage may vary. That’s why I think it’d mayhap be worth investigating the possibility of having more than one directory to retrieve the archives from. This way, you could easily swap the files out of the SSD to an external drive, that you’d connect in case you’d need one of the files backed up there.

> No, but there is going to be `port reclaim` in 2.4, that deletes files you no
> longer need. Give it a try if you're running trunk, it could easily free up a
> gigabyte or two.

Will do that tonight. Great news! Thanks.

Vincent