CarbonHeaders obsolete: uninstall dependencies

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:23:07 PST 2015

On Monday January 19 2015 18:09:46 Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:47 PM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > AvailabilityMacros.h? I've made a number of patches to KDE4 that rely on
> > that header, and KDE uses Carbon itself.
>

> One hopes not, since Carbon is gone post-10.6 except for backward
> compatibility for ancient apps.

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon is linked by both libkdeui.dylib and /opt/local/libexec/qt4/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/QtGui . I seem to recall that it is a leftover and redundant (non-)dependency for Qt. I remember a bit more distincly that I couldn't remove it from the KDE4 libraries' dependencies without enough link errors to dissuade me from figuring out where all those calls came from.

R.