/opt/local/macports/software

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:31:25 PST 2015

On Monday January 19 2015 19:05:40 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> > IMHO the argument is stupid. If you **need** those gigs then buy them. I just bought 1T at $0.0089 / gig !!
>
> Conserving disk space is a valid concern. Many Macs made in the past few years have an internal SSD and do not have internal space for a hard drive.

Of course it is. But one doesn't buy such a Mac without knowing its limitations (fashion victims aside, but who's going to pity them? ;)) and the compromises that imposes. A compact Mac with a non-upgradable SSD is undoubtedly great for certain "serious" uses, but not so great for other serious work that requires installing a huge selection of ports...