OT probably, help please

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:26:44 PST 2015

On Friday January 23 2015 05:53:21 Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Hmmm...  I just tried SMART on my drive, but being an external USB drive
> (long story) it's not supported, so...

Did you try with the SATSMARTDriver I linked to in my previous post?

> I have been seeing slow performance lately; I bought the MacBook early in
> 2010, but it's a late 2009 model.  I wonder?

A late 2009 model can probably no longer be considered fast; if you've upgraded to 10.9 or even 10.10 I'd not exclude the possibility that it's simply surpassed by a certain number of new features...
Oh wait, but you're running FreeBSD on it ... O:-)