No subject

Tue Jan 27 15:54:36 PST 2015

Maybe I am missing something, but shouldn't the ports that _do_ install
libraries explicitly say so, with 'installs_libs no' being the default?
(And if 'installs_libs no' _is_ the default, why have it in the Portfile?)

>  The existing configure script records the values of the CC, CFLAGS and
>  LDFLAGS variables into the Makefile and uses them at build time, which
>  means it's UsingTheRightCompiler and `-arch` flags. Your proposed change
>  doesn't do any of this, so a wrong compiler might be used, and the build
>  will always use the compiler's default architecture even if the user
>  requested something different.

Please excuse my ignorance: how does a macport user specify, say,
the exact CC to use when installing a port? The provided Makefile
then also uses the specified CC and CFLAGS and build time, right?

>  The README should still be installed, even if there is also a manpage.

Why?

>  I did apply some of your other changes: r137280 r137281
>  I also made some additional changes of my own: r137279 r137282

Thanks.