GCC and kernel.osversion

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 17:35:47 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> As an aside, I thought that Linux was bad enough in trying to distance
> itself from Unix, but Apple really takes the Tim-Tam; who would've guessed
> that GCC would be installed under /Developer?

On 10.10?
You have an ancient Xcode installed and you are lucky it only spit out a
complaint about kern.osversion instead of crashing.
Do not bet on it being usable or stable. Get rid of it.

sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

If you really insist on gcc, install one from MacPorts and use `port
select` to make it default.