Subversion checkout failed

David Evans devans at macports.org
Tue Jul 21 23:31:41 PDT 2015

On 7/21/15 11:13 PM, semaphore45 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello MP list,
>
> I tried to upgrade all the outdated ports on Mac OS X 10.6, but it stopped with error:
>
> Error: org.macports.fetch for port libnetpbm returned: Subversion check out failed
> Please see the log file for port libnetpbm for details:
>      /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_netpbm/libnetpbm/main.log
>
> In said log files, it seems unable to reach the server:
>
> :info:fetch svn: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/netpbm/code/advanced': could not connect to server (https://svn.code.sf.net)
>
> I looked for past filed bugs, but nothing conclusive, as my firewall was off.
>
> Other suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Pat

SourceForge has been having problems with many services offline for some
time (days).
See http://sourceforge.net/blog/category/status-updates/ for details.
With respect to your particular problem, the relevant comment in
yesterday's post is
" Work continues 24×7 on restoration of SCM (git, hg, bzr, svn, cvs)
services ..."

Dave