Help setting up apache, php, mysql (was: Re: HELP)

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Tue Jun 2 08:13:46 PDT 2015

On Jun 2, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 7:59 AM, Cheesy One wrote:
>>
>> I am using a macbook pro running os x yosemite (10.10). I am setting up a local developer environment using macports. in trying to simplify the installation of soctware i decided to try and use macports for apache 2.4, php 5.5 and mysql, i seem to have gotten stuck. My apache  installation went properly at first. but no i am trying to set up a virtual host environment to be located in a folder in my desktop. and after 8 hours of fiddling with various recommendation s from online, i have discovered that my webbrowser is not recognizing my macports configuration file. that is httpd.conf.
>>
>> it only seems to recognized the file previously installed by apple. As you already know yosemite ships with php and apache.
>>
>> how do i get the laptop to point to the correct httpd.conf file? there are two...one installed by apple and one by macports.
>
> Apache 2.4 in MacPorts is still unfinished, which is why the port name is "apache24-devel" -- the "-devel" suffix means it is a development version, beta version, or otherwise untested or potentially unstable.
>
> There are no PHP ports that will use MacPorts apache24-devel. See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41478
>
> At this time, I recommend sticking with the apache2 port. The php55-apache2handler port works with it.
>
> The pages linked from https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP should describe how to set this up correctly. There is nothing to do or configure to get MacPorts apache2 to know where its httpd.conf file is; it knows how to find it from the moment it's installed. I can only think that perhaps you have not stopped your Apple Apache server, and that therefore the MacPorts Apache server isn't running at all. The Apache2 page linked form the MAMP page shows how to deal with that too.

I’ve been building and running a local copy of php56-apache2handler against apache24-devel for over a year now. No problems. Apache has considered apache 2.4.x as the stable branch for quite some time.

My current patches are for php56-apache2handler are at

http://git.hmug.org/index.php/ports/tree/master/lang/php/

I do agree with Ryan that the MacPorts version of apache24-devel is not prime time yet, as the Portfile needs some clean up before it can replace apache2.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula