Help

Cheesy One doubleburger123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:47:29 PDT 2015

I am doing my best to install MAMP on my macbook pro running yosemite
(10.10) . everywhere online it reads that it is absolutely simple to do.
yet somehow I am running in issue after issue. I would really appreciate
some broad guidance as to what might be causing so many problems.
Also this issue below to me from step 3 (mysql and php) is my current road
block.

I got a mysql_config file does not exist at:

/opt/local/bin/mysql_config.

I found it and copied to :

/opt/local/bin/mysql_config

I ran step 3:
Step 3: MySQL setup for PHP for (MAMP)

and my The "grep" check is returning this :

default_socket_timeout = 60
pdo_mysql.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
mysql.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
mysqli.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
DevHost:php56 root#

and according to the instructions it is supposed to be:

pdo_mysql.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock
mysql.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock
mysqli.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock

--
Rodney Odom

Phone: +1 215 840 2176

email: doubleburger123 at gmail.com