Help

Fernando Rodriguez frodriguez.developer at outlook.com
Wed Jun 3 23:19:49 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, June 03, 2015 6:47:29 PM Cheesy One wrote:
> I am doing my best to install MAMP on my macbook pro running yosemite
> (10.10) . everywhere online it reads that it is absolutely simple to do.
> yet somehow I am running in issue after issue. I would really appreciate
> some broad guidance as to what might be causing so many problems.
> Also this issue below to me from step 3 (mysql and php) is my current road
> block.
>
> I got a mysql_config file does not exist at:
>
> /opt/local/bin/mysql_config.
>
> I found it and copied to :
>
> /opt/local/bin/mysql_config
>

> I ran step 3:
> Step 3: MySQL setup for PHP for (MAMP)
>
> and my The "grep" check is returning this :
>
> default_socket_timeout = 60
> pdo_mysql.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
> mysql.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
> mysqli.default_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
> DevHost:php56 root#
>

> and according to the instructions it is supposed to be:
>
> pdo_mysql.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock
> mysql.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock
> mysqli.default_socket=/opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock

I just followed the howto. I installed the following packages:
apache2
mysql56
php56
php56-apache2handler

On step 3 I changed it to (just paste it to a shell script and run it as
root):

cd /opt/local/etc/php56
cp php.ini php.ini.bak
#cp php.ini-production php.ini
defSock=$(/opt/local/lib/mysql56/bin/mysql_config --socket)
cat php.ini | sed \
  -e "s#pdo_mysql\.default_socket.*#pdo_mysql\.default_socket=${defSock}#" \
  -e "s#mysql\.default_socket.*#mysql\.default_socket=${defSock}#" \
  -e "s#mysqli\.default_socket.*#mysqli\.default_socket=${defSock}#" > tmp.ini
grep default_socket tmp.ini  # Check it!
mv tmp.ini php.ini

I commented line 3 for you since it looks like you already have a php.ini. The
problem you're having is that mysql_config is not installed to /opt/local/bin
but to /opt/local/lib/mysql56/bin

And delete the mysql_config that you copied from /usr/bin first. You should not
change anything on /opt/local except config files unless you really know what
you're doing.

--
Fernando Rodriguez