accelerated zlib experiment (and parallel afsctool)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Jun 5 15:14:15 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-05 22:24, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2015, at 4:17 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rather as a different port I think, or simply as an update to the existing port, but only if there's demand.
>
> There's no difference. The point is that we don't want to become a de facto upstream.

+1

Coming back to the original discussion, there is some traction towards a
real fork of zlib named zlib-ng. Although there are no releases so far,
but might be worth to keep in mind (or contribute there).

https://github.com/Dead2/zlib-ng

Disclaimer: I have not checked anything with regard to its licensing.

Rainer