[MacPorts] #47790: pstree: update to 2.39 2.39)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Jun 8 11:01:30 PDT 2015

On Jun 8, 2015, at 8:32 AM, Jan Stary <hans at stare.cz> wrote:

> Are the ports that install no libraries supposed to say so?

Yes. This prevents MacPorts from rebuilding them as +universal if
a dependent's architecture doesn't match.

> From the top of my head, there are many ports that don't.

Those ports are wrong.

> Maybe I am missing something, but shouldn't the ports that _do_
> install libraries explicitly say so, with 'installs_libs no' being the
> default?

I expect that most ports install at least one library. In our case,
false positives are better than false negatives.

> (And if 'installs_libs no' _is_ the default, why have it in the
> Portfile?)

The default is "yes".

> Please excuse my ignorance: how does a macport user specify, say, the
> exact CC to use when installing a port?

By doing something like this:

	sudo port install pstree configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.6

> The provided Makefile then also uses the specified CC and CFLAGS and
> build time, right?

No. MacPorts automatically sets CC, CXX, etc. in the configure
environment based on the value of configure.compiler. It does not add
these variables to the build environment.

>> The README should still be installed, even if there is also a manpage.
>
> Why?

Why not? Plenty of other ports do so. The more documentation, the
better.

vq