configure: error: cannot find QtCore header

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 11 05:35:06 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-11 13:09, Hinckley Dan wrote:
> I have qt5-mac installed and am compiling a program which looks for
> qtccore. The error I get is:
>
> checking QtCore usability... no
> checking QtCore presence... no
> checking for QtCore... no
> configure: error: cannot find QtCore header; try setting CPPFLAGS.

You should look into config.log to get the details of this failing test.

Perhaps it is also trying to link a simple program which requires
setting LDFLAGS as well.

Have you made sure it is actually looking for the right version of Qt?
Often, Qt 5.x is referenced by Qt5Core and Qt 4.x is QtCore.

Rainer