Upgrades that include netpbm

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Fri Jun 12 10:26:20 PDT 2015

On 12.06.2015 05:21 PM, Barrie Stott wrote:
> Whenever I perform such an 'upgrade outdated', a message is displayed when trying to configure netpbm saying that I should force a deactivation of netpbm and then the upgrade stops. Normally I deactivate netpbm, upgrade netpbm and upgrade outdated.
>
> Is there any reason why I cannot force deactivate netpbm before starting the 'upgrade aoutdated' in the first place?

That would break other ports that depend upon netpbm. Worse, I think port will
automatically re-activate it, if it comes to such a port.

So you wouldn't win anything.

Sadly, making netpbm conflict with itself at built time is the only way to make
sure it doesn't use its own headers/libraries when compiling.

Trace mode would fix that, but we currently have no way of activating or
deactivating trace mode on a per-ports basis.

Mihai