Upgrades that include netpbm

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:51:21 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 3:56 AM, Barrie Stott <zen146410 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> My worry now is that if run "sudo port -f deactivate netpbm" then that
> newly deactivated version of netpbm will no longer register as outdated so
> it will not be upgraded when I run "sudo port upgrade outdated". Will I not
> have to run "sudo port install netpbm" straight after my forced
> deactivation?

"outdated" includes installed-but-inactive ports. "upgrade" does not save
the active/inactive state of ports, so the result would be both installed
and active... mostly because of this specific situation, since broken build
systems that can't safely be used while a version is active are relatively
common.