[MacPorts] #47755: Broken symlink left by select code when selected port is deactivated causes poppler and other ports using aclocal to fail during configuration.

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jun 23 14:38:11 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM, Christopher David Ramos wrote:

> Please forgive me if what I'm suggesting is not feasible. That said, it
> was my understanding that makefiles include instructions on what and
> where libraries should be built.

Yes.

> If there were a special Macports
> version of git that included a daemon, could it not be used to overrule
> the default install directories for any libraries a git project's
> makefile may call for?

Generally it shouldn't be.

While it is *not exactly impossible* to adjust installation locations
of directories and libraries based on whatever crazy idea the main
developer comes up with***, no sane setup should change installation
directories based on whether the git binary comes from /usr/bin/git or
/opt/local/bin/git.

Mojca

*** the author of makefile is of course free to use rules like "if
folder '/opt/local' exists, then run 'rm -rf /'".