port migration

Fielding, Eric J (329A) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 2 14:45:42 PST 2015

Hello,

I recently got a new computer running Yosemite, and I used the Mac OS X migration system to only copy over my home directory from the Time Machine backup of my old 10.7 machine. I then installed Xcode and MacPorts base. I read the MacPorts page on migration to a new OS, and the first step for reinstalling all the ports is "port -qv installed > myports.txt”. Do I need to copy over the whole /opt/local directory tree from my old machine to be able to use this command to get the list of ports that I had before?

Thanks,
++Eric