PortAuthority 7.0 released

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Mar 3 18:30:48 PST 2015

I've released version 7.0 of PortAuthority, my GUI for the MacPorts Unix
software management system. PortAuthority is the oldest and, these days,
only actively-maintained UI client for MacPorts. Its goal is to make
using MacPorts easier.

This version of PortAuthority benefits from the many improvements to
Tk/Cocoa that I've been working on in recent months, and is generally
more responsive and refined. It also restores native system dialogs for
running operations with elevated privileges, such as installing a
software port. Finally, this release adds support for Mac system
notifications if Growl is not installed.

PortAuthority costs $30 for a new installation, and lifetime upgrades
are free to registered users. It's worth a try.

More information: http://www.codebykevin.com/portauthority.html

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer