port install wireshark fails

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 01:54:28 PST 2015

On Friday March 06 2015 03:04:57 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>This is probably a PowerPC G3-specific issue. I'll bet something got inadvertently compiled for PowerPC G4, which is not compatible with your G3. What is the CPU subtype of /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.0.dylib? Running the following command might tell us:
>
>lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.0.dylib

Ryan is probably right, but there's also a linker option that instructs it to consider all CPU subtypes. Can't remember its name and am not on my Mac, but look for the keywords {cpu,subtype,all} in `man ld`.

Should you decide to rebuild from scratch, you may consider using `configure.optflags="-march=G3"` or whatever compiler option(s) is/are to be used to force it to generate G3 code.

R.