port install wireshark fails

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:31:02 PST 2015

On Friday March 06 2015 11:55:15 tome at qx.net wrote:

> > lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.0.dylib
> >

> Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib is architecture: ppc7400
> Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.0.dylib is architecture: ppc

The latter should be OK, the former is indeed built for PowerPC G4. That doesn't necessarily mean that it uses instructions that are missing on the G3 I think. You could try to do the failing link step by hand, using the `-force_cpusubtype_ALL` option and see how that works out.
(The doc of that option seems to confirm my idea: "The is only applicable with -arch ppc.  It tells the linker to ignore the PowerPC cpu requirements (e.g. G3, G4 or G5) encoded in the object files and mark the resulting binary as runnable on any PowerPC cpu.").

R.