port install wireshark fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 7 01:32:33 PST 2015

> On Mar 6, 2015, at 11:33 AM, tome at QX.Net wrote:
>
>> Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib is architecture: ppc7400
>> Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.0.dylib is architecture: ppc
>>
> It looked to me like libffi is the one in error,

Agreed. Now the question is: why did libffi get built for ppc7400? To answer that, it would help to see the entire main.log file from your build of libffi. MacPorts deletes logs of successful builds automatically, so unless you had set "keeplogs yes" in your macports.conf before installing libffi, the log is gone already. But you can create another one by running "sudo port -f uninstall libffi", followed by "sudo port clean libffi" and "sudo port -k install libffi". You can then find the logfile at the location printed by the command "port logfile libffi".

But, I think it will come down to this line in the source code:

#define machine_choice	MODE_CHOICE(ppc7400,ppc64)

in the files src/powerpc/darwin.S and src/powerpc/darwin_closure.S. I don't know if just changing that "ppc7400" to "ppc" would fix it. Presumably that "ppc7400" is there for a reason.

In any case, you should file a bug report in our issue tracker about this.