[poll]: has anyone built port:qt5-mac in universal or 32bit mode?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 07:40:03 PDT 2015

On Monday March 09 2015 08:55:25 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>As the mailing list post says, they removed from Qt5 the ability to do universal builds (i.e. by building once and passing multiple -arch flags), which is why we use the muniversal portgroup (which builds multiple times, passing one -arch flag each time, then lipo's them together). The bug report is about inability to build 32-bit on a 64-bit system, and was fixed.

Let's hope it's not broken again ...

>> Seems there's a good chance this will no longer be possible with Qt 5.4 ...
>
>Why do you say that?

... because I am trying to test the universal build right now on a 64bit system, and my first attempt to circumvent the 64bit build *) failed apparently the `-arch i386` flags set by the macx-clang-32 spec got lost on most components of libQt5Bootstrap.a
*) `port configure qt5-mac-devel +universal` followed by `(cd `port work qt5-mac-devel`/build-i386; wmake --MP)` with wmake just a script that applies the same environment as MacPorts does.

You were right, the universal arch. build order is determined in macports.conf, but so far doing things "correctly" using `port build` leads to the same error.

R.