/Library/Frameworks no longer a default location?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:16:27 PDT 2015

On Thursday March 12 2015 14:57:34 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

Thanks. I actually had a look at the manpages, I don't have absolute faith in how Apple keeps those up to date (my system isn't, either). And I wanted unbiased answers ;)

> > suggested by https://codereview.qt-project.org/108400 ?
>
> Not sure how you're concluding that; that bug report doesn't say
> anything about the Apple toolchain. Maybe QMake was changed to ignore

Not the bug report, the linked code review:

"The /Library/Frameworks directory is no longer in the default search
paths for frameworks, you need to specify it manually as well."

> Current Clang and ld64 certainly still search /Library/Frameworks.

Yes, I just verified that - on 10.9 . I can't speak for 10.10 ...

BTW, I also noticed that a framework linked with -framework does *not* end up as a completely normalised rpath. I have an FFmpeg.framework that is a symlink in /Library/Frameworks to where I used to build this, and linking against it gives me a binary that depends on `/Library/Frameworks/FFmpeg.framework/Versions/A/FFmpeg` . Kind of surprising...

R.