Possible corrupt PortIndex file for rsync...

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:50:34 PDT 2015

Let me clarify a bit...I don't know if this possible corruption issue is in
any way connected to the fact I can't install a certain port. I was trying
to install bashdb 4.2 to complement my bash 4.3 install from macports and
there was an error in configuring the port...which when consulting the log
for the configuration, revealed a warning that I was using bash 4.3...so
there is possibly a version mismatch between bashdb 4.2 and bash 4.3...

In short what I asked about the possibility of my PortIndex file being
corrupt still stands as my question, I just don't know whether if it is
connected at all to this specific issue of my installing this particular
port. That said, I'd still like to know how to find out if there is some
corruption issue with my PortIndex.