what was up with ntp again?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 02:42:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

I can remember a discussion about ntp issues a while back. Not really related to MacPorts, but I think it was on here.

To put it in context: my computers all use the same ntp server (fr.ntp.pool.org) so that in theory they share the same clock. Turns out that my Mac is about 5min (a bit over 300 seconds) ahead of the others, and also of Bradley's VM. I've tried deactivating and reactivating (after setting time manually) network time in System Preferences, but it just jumps back to the future.

Is this related to the issue that was discussed a while back, and to Apple's conflicting service (pacekeeper?)?
How can I set things right (other than doing a full reinstall of course ^^) ?

Thanks,
René