thread CPU usage monitor?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:24:47 PDT 2015

On Tuesday March 24 2015 18:03:16 Christopher Jones wrote:

> Can’t be sure but I am guessing Rene already knows about Activity Monitor…

I guess you guessed right :)

> As far as I know it cannot do exactly what was asked, which is show info on threads ?

If it can, I (nor Mihai) don't know about it ...
Except of course that it has a sample option which might be a bit overkill.

> Have you tried htop ? It seems to claim to be able to do thus, and MacPorts has a port for it ;)

Yes, and I re-read the manual before posting.I don't see a claim. It mentions options to hide kernel or user threads, but that's a Linux option AFAIK, where some threads can indeed show up as individual processes.
Actually that's the only way I know on Linux to monitor per-thread CPU usage...

R.