XQuartz on 10.6 (in a VM)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:04:45 PDT 2015

Well I'll be ...

I tried once more, launched XQuartz (2.7.4) without my own .xinitrc in place, noted it had taken :1.0 (which sometimes happens when a previous instance didn't exit cleanly), and then tried to use a fully specified DISPLAY (${HOST}.local:1.0) and port:xterm. Whatever happened with the :0.0 address (which resisted a reboot) apparently doesn't concern :1.0 because I could even move back my .xinitrc and get my full environment. (Which is nothing but 2 xterms, a clock and a legacy ctwm window manager.)

R.