Failure during install of chat-gnome

Andrew Long andrew.long at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 09:58:11 PDT 2015

Had a failure during upgrade outdated on port xchat-gnome. Removed that port and allowed the upgrade to continue and then went back to try and install it cleanly. Got the following from the failure log file:

:info:configure checking for perl... /opt/local/bin/perl
:info:configure checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_xchat-gnome/xchat-gnome/work/xchat-gnome-0.26.1" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-mmx --disable-notification --disable-scrollkeeper --disable-schemas-install
:info:configure Exit code: 1
:error:configure Failed to configure xchat-gnome, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_xchat-gnome/xchat-gnome/work/xchat-gnome-0.26.1/config.log
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port xchat-gnome returned: configure failure: command execution failed
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: command execution failed
    while executing
"portconfigure::configure_main org.macports.configure"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval $procedure $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: targets not executed for xchat-gnome: org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:configure Please see the log file for port xchat-gnome for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_xchat-gnome/xchat-gnome/main.log

Looks to me like I need a PERL module installed, but it's been a whils cince I did any Perl work and I've forgotten how to get that installed, and am unsure how to do it under Macports anyway...

Can someone please point me at how to get past this?

Regards, Andy

--
Andrew Long
Andrew dot Long at Mac dot com