something you always ...... about the X11 clipboard(s)

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Mar 31 14:45:48 PDT 2015

In article <1979918.mOAS13Diux at portia.local>,
 Rene J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> One reason I use xterms for so much of my command line tinkering is how
> double clicking selection works (full paths, for instance) and copies the
> selected content at once to a clipboard or cutbuffer (CLIPBOARD?).

Just FYI: iTerm.app, a native OS X replacement for Apple's Terminal.app
(and available via "port install iTerm2"), supports auto-copying of
double-clicked selections to the OS X clipboard and has many other
useful power features and doesn't use X.  Of course, if one *prefers* to
run under X ... (but if one does, why use OS X on the desktop in the
first place?).

http://iterm2.com

--
 Ned Deily,