something you always ...... about the X11 clipboard(s)

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Mar 31 16:20:00 PDT 2015

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I know iTerm2, but its power features aren't appealing/useful enough to
> me to make up for the fact that it doesn't do "focus follows mouse" as
> well as Apple's Terminal.app .

Ah; another FFM fan :-)  I can't stand CTF, but I can understand why the
Mac does it (single application etc).

> Easy. Trying OS X a bit over 11y ago on my gf's new laptop made me
> realise it was the only "unix for the desktop" that really gave the
> (almost) best of both worlds. I always have an X server running and not
> just because I prefer xterms over Terminal.app. Which I also use, just
> for different things, typically non-X things.

I like to run "xload" on remote boxes, and annoy cow-orkers by firing up
"xroach" on their screens :-)

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)   "Those who don't understand security will suffer."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)