midori/webkit crashes: illegal instruction

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 04:31:57 PDT 2015

I see reproducible crashes of midori on a macpro under 10.10.3 with the
error message "illegal instruction". I suspect this error is due to some
problem with the webkit-gtk @2.4.8_1+video package since I get the same
error message from a different browser (external to macports) which I
compiled from source with linking against the macports provided webkit-gtk
library. can anyone reproduce the problem? any advice how to better
identify the cause of the problem?

I only see this on the mac pro, while on a macbook pro everything runs
just fine ...