old ports install problem

mysiar mysiar at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:11:44 PDT 2015

I have a piece of software that requires tcl, tcl and tk at the same version.
I tried with latest tcl & tk from macports but it is not working.

I managed to compile tcl from source code no problem but tk fails with the error message

d: library not found for -lX11
Makefile:406: recipe for target 'libtk8.4.dylib' failed
gmake: *** [libtk8.4.dylib] Error 1

configure for tk
	./configure --prefix=/Users/usr --with-x --x-includes=/opt/X11/include --x-libraries=/opt/X11/lib