libjpeg vs. libjpeg-turbo

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:53:09 PDT 2015

On Wednesday May 20 2015 14:09:31 Clemens Lang wrote:

> Feel free to improve the code that handles the viral spreading of universal
> variants in base then.

The biggest problem ports are or provide libraries, so they'll have to be universal unless I'd decide to use only i386 ports.
Besides, I've grown tired of making and proposing improvements that apparently interest no one but me.

> We're looking at a time scale of a year or more here, waiting is no option IMO.

What if I had waited on a similar time scale before stirring up this topic?

R.