libjpeg vs. libjpeg-turbo

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:49:56 PDT 2015

On Wednesday May 20 2015 14:09:31 Clemens Lang wrote:

> I trhink libjpeg.8.dylib will not load into a process compiled against
> libjpeg.9.dylib because of incompatible library version numbers, but feel free
> to try.

Someone had to try:
Indeed, no worky. Even after tweaking the compatibility version to 11 to comply with the current (real) libjpeg.9.dylib and what my installed ports expect, there must be ABI issues. I've seen effects ranging from "black images" to errors (xv found a way to detect my hack and refused to use the library) to crashes.

So, I'll be keeping a copy of libjpeg.9.dylib and rebuild a few ports as things come, and see what gives.

R.