[KDE/Mac] KDE recent issues

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun May 24 07:46:25 PDT 2015

On Sunday May 24 2015 08:34:09 Kurt Hindenburg wrote:

>I tried all the themes and a new Mac user and still got the same results.  I wonder if I downgraded to KDE 4.14.2 if it would clear this up.

No, I don't see a reason to do that. Maybe KDE 4.13.3 if you ever had that installed through MacPorts and you didn't have issues then.
If this issue is new for you, then I'd blame a recent Apple update, or otherwise something that was updated in MacPorts.

What you could rather do is update port:kdelibs to something more recent, and port:qt4-mac to port:qt4-mac-devel which provides Qt 4.8.7 . Both are available from my github repositories (github.com/RJVB), as is port:qt5-mac-devel which I presume might be of interest to you (co-installs with qt4-mac-devel).

>Settings->Configure Konsole-Tabbar->Tab bar visibility->Always Hide

Funny, I must have overlooked that option.

Cheers,
René